image1 image2 image3

HELLO|I'M SATYAM SHANDILYA|WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG

Kshamavani

PC Pinterest (https://in.pinterest.com/pin/350999364679726222/) 

Every once in a while I get asked about my knowhow or interest of Kshamavani, a day of forgiving and seeking forgiveness for the followers of Jainism. It is a festival that celebrates forgiveness as a way to a life of love, peace harmony and happiness.

I first heard of Kshamavani during my early days in Jaipur. In college we had a significant Jain population. Consequently, my circle of acquaintance had both Digambaras as well as Śvētāmbaras. Therefore on Samvatsari, on Kshamavani and during days in between, I used to hear "Uttam Kshama" and "Michhami Dukkadam" a few times. In due course of time, I learnt more about these festivals - roots, significance, festivities. The more I learnt about it, the more I was drawn to that one aspect of this festival that I could relate to - it promotes you to seek and give forgiveness thereby keep moving forward instead of getting stuck.

It's 2023 and today is Kshamavani. I must admit that I am looking forward to hearing from some of my friends. However it is also a day when I put together my thoughts and reach out to seek forgiveness from others as well as myself. This does sound serious, isn't it? It is. But I must say that there is no harm in adding a bit of humour and a whole lot laughter while doing what needs to be done. It is a festival after all. 

खम्मामि सव्वजीवाणं, सव्वे जीवा खमंतु मे।
मित्ती मे सव्वभूदेसु, वेरं मज्झम ण केणवि।। 




Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment