image1 image2 image3

HELLO|I'M SATYAM SHANDILYA|WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG

Retrospective and Resolutions - New Year Beckons


Another year, another chance
To start our lives anew;
This time we’ll leap old barriers
To have a real breakthrough.
We’ll take one little step
And then we’ll take one more,
Our unlimited potential
We’ll totally explore.
As 2019 begins, these lines beautifully orchestrated by Joanna Fuchs totally rhyme with the sentiments of millions of people. First celebrated after Roman Calendar reform in 45 B.C. by Julius Caesar, January 1 has gradually "evolved" as a day which prompts us not only to celebrate and look beyond the day-to-day activities we're always so busy with, but also to take time to reflect, assess how we did, and resolve to do better going forward. While I do believe that it is just another day and we perhaps go overboard in terms of celebrations, I must admit that I have always been fascinated by this ubiquitous and special symbolism of New Year as a reference point in our quest (or at least the desire) to improve as individuals. Needless to say, it is time for me to sit back, have a cup of coffee and do what I should do - reflect and aspire.


2018 was a enthralling ride for me. Although it had the ebb and flow of life similar to previous years, yet 2018 was also the year of many firsts and one that opened up new perspectives about life, people and areas of interest. Moreover, I stayed healthy for most of the year, performed reasonably well at my work and enjoyed most of the small or big moments that life offered. On the flip side, it was also an year when I could definitely have paid more attention to my reading and writing habits. Towards the end of the year, I was fatally attracted by online game PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds a.k.a PUBG. However, it allowed me to reconnect with some people and interact with few more. All in all, 2018 left some lasting impressions on my life as a whole.


2019 has me drawn to arts, history and social behavior. I also want to renew my interest in literature and languages. As far as career is concerned, I'd love to better myself by learning new technologies, processes and soft-skills while continuing to give my best in what I do. And to do this all, I am looking forward to an year of staying healthy and fit. I hope that when the time comes to reflect on 2019, there would 365 days worth of fun, moments and memories.


To me and to all, Happy New Year!

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment