image1 image2 image3

HELLO|I'M SATYAM SHANDILYA|WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG

Eulogy For Me

We don’t sit on our deathbeds wishing we’d spent more time at the office. We don’t get to the end wishing we’d bought more stuff.
More often than not we pay more attention to our resume, possessions and portfolios. In fact we hardly think about the legacy we leave behind. In the rat race of life, we lose sight of how our journey may appear when we reflect at the end. We fail to recognize that it is our choices, that we make daily, which greatly affect the beautiful picture we are trying to paint with our lives. 

Jon Acuff, in his book Start, prompts us to answer the question:
If I died today, what would I regret not being able to do?
I just gave it a try. I read and tried hard to think what my Eulogy must say. And I tried to pen it down:
Satyam Shandilya is no more. Bereft of life, he rests in peace. Today, we are all thinking that how sad it is that a talented and kind person should be spirited away before he’d achieved many of the things he was capable of.

I’ll be honest with you. Satyam was awkward, outrageous, unconventional, unpredictable and sometimes very angry indeed. Throw in few virtues of brains, easy to approach, ridiculously insane when needed and wonderful friend – that’s it. All in all, he was a perfect example of being gorgeously imperfect. I feel I should say this because he’d never forgive me if I didn't.

He has kicked the bucket, hopped the twig, bit the dust, snuffed it, breathed his last and has now gone to meet the Lord in the sky. All we have of him now is our memories. But it will be some time before they fade.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment