image1 image2 image3

HELLO|I'M SATYAM SHANDILYA|WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL BLOG

...And the hostel life started


Hostel life provides the best way to learn the different ways of life.
Someone told me this when I completed my senior-secondary education. Till then, I used to stay under the protective cover of HOME. Caring blanket of mother, guidance of father and fun moments with siblings were very much a part of the routine. There was, indeed, a certain distaste for the restrictions on the amount of time spent in playing games and watching television. All in all life was cool, awesome and easy. Needless to say that I still, at times, used to think about the beauty of life away from home.

Time changes. And then it was my time to stay away from home. I chose to be an engineer and got admission into an engineering college. We visited the college once at the time of admission. College campus looked good and the hostel appeared awesome. I often used to hear about the charm of the hostel life from friends and relatives. My father used to tell some of the stories of his college days and they were fascinating.I was eagerly looking forward to my days in the hostel. 

The day finally arrived. I left for the hostel with bag and baggage. My father was with me. Journey from beloved home to the hostel was perhaps one of the longest for me, as I was overwhelmed with a number thoughts and questions. There was a certain sadness of staying away from the family and friends along with the excitement of staying at a hostel. I was about to start a new phase of my life and hence my mind was full of the ifs and buts. Lost in the ocean of excitement and dream, I reached the hostel campus.

After the formalities of registration, I was finally allocated a room on the second floor. Ramesh was my room mate. Without much ado I put my bag in the cupboard and made my bed. I was happy and excited. Once I was all set in my new habitat, my father wished me luck and left. Gradually my excitement subsided.  I met other batch-mates. I also got a taste of hostel dinner. As evening progressed, I started to think about home; about what would I had been doing if I were home. All the excitement was gradually replaced by the sadness of staying away from home. I was exhausted after a long day, I tried to sleep. However, my eyes were wide open and the mind was numb. I was missing home. 

It was some day. It was an exciting day. It was a long day. It was the day when my hostel life started.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

3 comments:

  1. Really Hostel days was awesome... We enjoyed a lot in 4 years.. Still miss the hostel life as well as you all people..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete